My name is Jennifer Bennett and I reside in the beautiful scenic province of Newfoundland. I have been a volunteer with Crohn’s and Colitis Canada for the past 15 years. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis at the age of 23, shortly after completing my Undergrad Bachelor of Education at Memorial University. As a patient I have undergone many treatments and surgeries in hopes to manage this chronic disease. After completing my Masters Counselling Psychology degree at Memorial University, I became Canadian Certified Counsellor and furthered my studies specializing in Couple and Family Therapy through the University of Calgary. My 17 years experience working with children, adolescents and adults has allowed me to have a strong passion in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and the gut connection. Further to this, I have an interest in Fecal Microbiota and recently was part of Dr. Neeraj Narula, McMaster Clinical Trial for Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) Study at McMaster University Transplantation for Pouchitis.
- IMAGINE Webinar Series: Engaging/Partnering with Indigenous Community Members to Advance GI Research
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #22
- Dr. Leo Dieleman on IBD, Gut Health, and IMAGINE’s Research On CTV
- IMAGINE Webinar Series: Gut Feelings Digital Storytelling Event
- How to design a poster presentation so your research stands out