Dr. Surette’s primary area of research investigates the role of normal flora-pathogen interactions in health and disease in the area of respiratory infections with a focus in cystic fibrosis. A polymicrobial perspective on these infections has lead to identification of overlooked pathogens in airway disease as well as synergistic interactions between avirulent organisms and pathogens. This is a fundamentally different view of airway infections and has lead to direct benefits to patients through altered treatment strategies.
- IMAGINE Webinar: The Connection Between the Microbiome, Gut Health and Mental Health
- IMAGINE Webinar Series: Engaging/Partnering with Indigenous Community Members to Advance GI Research
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #22
- Dr. Leo Dieleman on IBD, Gut Health, and IMAGINE’s Research On CTV
- IMAGINE Webinar Series: Gut Feelings Digital Storytelling Event