Dr. Surette’s primary area of research investigates the role of normal flora-pathogen interactions in health and disease in the area of respiratory infections with a focus in cystic fibrosis. A polymicrobial perspective on these infections has lead to identification of overlooked pathogens in airway disease as well as synergistic interactions between avirulent organisms and pathogens. This is a fundamentally different view of airway infections and has lead to direct benefits to patients through altered treatment strategies.
- Short Course Feb 20-23, 2022: Using Discrete Choice Experiments in Health Economics: Theoretical and Practical Issues
- The Health System Impact Fellowship
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #17
- IMAGINE Webinar Series July 2021: Knowledge Translation in Research
- IMAGINE Webinar Series May 2021: Sex & Gender Issues in IBD