Alysia is a public health professional with a Bachelor of Science and Masters of Public Health in Health Promotion. She has worked in schools, workplaces and communities building health and medical programs as well as creating healthy public policy. Alysia currently works in the field of knowledge translation and evaluation for the Alberta Health Services Chronic Disease Prevention unit. Alysia has struggled with digestive issues since she was in her teens and has been diagnosed with IBS. She has found that a diet low in FODMAPs (types of carbohydrates), has alleviated many of her symptoms. Wanting to help others find the same relief, she created a food blog called The Calming Kitchen: Whole Food Recipes for Digestive Health. Alysia will be joining IMAGINE’s Knowledge Translation, Education & Policy working group as a patient representative.
- IMAGINE Webinar: The Connection Between the Microbiome, Gut Health and Mental Health
- IMAGINE Webinar Series: Engaging/Partnering with Indigenous Community Members to Advance GI Research
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #22
- Dr. Leo Dieleman on IBD, Gut Health, and IMAGINE’s Research On CTV
- IMAGINE Webinar Series: Gut Feelings Digital Storytelling Event