Sophia Khan considers herself a survivor and warrior of her diagnoses: she lives with Crohn’s disease and neutropenia. Her journey through life has been immensely impacted by Crohn’s. She has experienced the myriad of treatments used throughout the 1990’s to treat Crohn’s and understands the complexities of living with a chronic illness. Battling for her health has shown her a resilience that even she was surprised to know she possessed. Sophia is a patient advisor within the Digestive Health SCN Committee in Alberta and is pursuing advocacy work with Crohn’s and Colis Canada. Sophia joined IMAGINE with the intention to give back to the healthcare community. Her intention within this sphere of influence is to be a voice that gives honest insight into the patient narrative. It is Sophia’s wish that we work together to build advocacy for IBD patient-related issues that need attention in Canada.
- The Health System Impact Fellowship
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #17
- IMAGINE Webinar Series July 2021: Knowledge Translation in Research
- IMAGINE Webinar Series May 2021: Sex & Gender Issues in IBD
- Dr. Dean Tripp Publication: Childhood trauma, depression, resilience and suicide risk in individuals with IBD