Dr. Surette’s primary area of research investigates the role of normal flora-pathogen interactions in health and disease in the area of respiratory infections with a focus in cystic fibrosis. A polymicrobial perspective on these infections has lead to identification of overlooked pathogens in airway disease as well as synergistic interactions between avirulent organisms and pathogens. This is a fundamentally different view of airway infections and has lead to direct benefits to patients through altered treatment strategies.
- COVID-19 Information from the Canadian Digestive Health Foundation
- Upcoming CCC Webinar: COVID-19 Updates: Mental Health and Wellness
- COVID-19 and IBD: Webinars from Crohn’s and Colitis Canada
- IMAGINE Monthly Webinar Series June: FMT
- Stakeholder Dialogue: Supporting rapid learning and improvement for select conditions in Canada