Dr. Hyams is one of the world’s leading experts in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. He has led pivotal clinical trials of biological agents in these disorders and has directed a long-term natural history registry that has described the course of almost 2000 children newly diagnosed with IBD. Dr. Hyams is the recent recipient of a $10.4M grant from the National Institutes of Health investigating the response of children newly diagnosed with ulcerative colitis to standardized therapies. He has worked with the FDA developing endpoints for pediatric clinical trials, and serves on the Rome Committee, an international research organization that investigates the course and treatment of functional GI disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, functional abdominal pain, abdominal migraine and functional dyspepsia.
- The Institute of Infection and Immunity Launches Strategic Planning Engagement Workshop Travel Bursaries
- Announcing IMAGINE’s Incubator Grantees!
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #9
- Stakeholder dialogue outputs: Reducing Emergency-department Usage in People with Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #8