Dr. Kaplan is a gastroenterologist and epidemiologist with a clincal and research interest in the inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). He graduated with a Masters of Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health and completed an IBD Fellowship at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary with 80% protected time for his research program. He is a CIHR New Investigator and an Alberta-Innovates Health Solutions Population Health Investigator. Dr. Kaplan is the Director of the Environmental Health Research Group in the Institute of Public Health at the University of Calgary as well as an executive member of the Alberta IBD Consortium, which is a mulit-disciplinary team that is studying gene-environment-microbial interactions in a province wide cohort of IBD patients. In 2011, Dr. Kaplan was selected as one of Avenue Magazine’s in Calgary, Top 40 Under 40.
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #10
- IMAGINE 2019 Annual Meeting Recap
- Call For Participants: A Peer-to-Peer Study on the Psychosocial Relationship Between Individuals with IBD and Food
- The Institute of Infection and Immunity Launches Strategic Planning Engagement Workshop Travel Bursaries
- Announcing IMAGINE’s Incubator Grantees!