Dr. Kaplan is a gastroenterologist and epidemiologist with a clincal and research interest in the inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD). He graduated with a Masters of Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health and completed an IBD Fellowship at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Calgary with 80% protected time for his research program. He is a CIHR New Investigator and an Alberta-Innovates Health Solutions Population Health Investigator. Dr. Kaplan is the Director of the Environmental Health Research Group in the Institute of Public Health at the University of Calgary as well as an executive member of the Alberta IBD Consortium, which is a mulit-disciplinary team that is studying gene-environment-microbial interactions in a province wide cohort of IBD patients. In 2011, Dr. Kaplan was selected as one of Avenue Magazine’s in Calgary, Top 40 Under 40.
- The Health System Impact Fellowship
- IMAGINE Network Newsletter #17
- IMAGINE Webinar Series July 2021: Knowledge Translation in Research
- IMAGINE Webinar Series May 2021: Sex & Gender Issues in IBD
- Dr. Dean Tripp Publication: Childhood trauma, depression, resilience and suicide risk in individuals with IBD