The purpose of the Incubator Research Grant is to promote and facilitate innovative research projects that will improve our understanding of the interactions between the inflammation, microbiome, diet and mental health in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
Research projects proposal must fit within broader IMAGINE Network mandate:
- Brain-gut axis
- Psychiatric comorbidity in IBS and/or IBD
- Dietary impact on IBS and/or IBD
- Personalized treatment approaches for IBS and/or IBD
Up to two (2) projects will be funded in this competition. Funding is non-renewable. While no maximum funding limit is specified, priority will be given to projects with greatest value for the investment.
The winning projects are expected to:
- be completed (produce publishable results) within 1-2 years.
- have strong potential to support Network’s renewal application to CIHR/federal government
- consult with relevant IMAGINE Scientific Working Groups leads (IBS Cohort, IBD Cohort, Psychiatry, Knowledge Translation, Inflammation & Basic Science, Sex & Gender, Diet & Environment, Microbiome/Genetics & Metabolomics, Patient Engagement, and Pediatrics)
- involve at least one patient representative as a co-investigator
- incorporate Patient Engagement and Knowledge Translation activities
- leverage funding
- involve multiple sites/promote multidisciplinary team work
- build capacity within the network
- engage new partnerships/collaborations
Who Can Apply?
Any IMAGINE Network member is eligible to submit a research proposals. Non-IMAGINE Network applicants must partner with an IMAGINE Network investigator.
The Principal Investigator must be affiliated with an academic institution that is eligible to receive and administer funds. We encourage patients to be co-leads but must collaborate with an academic investigator that meets CIHR criteria.
All grantees must follow CIHR financial reporting requirements and agree to IMAGINE Network’s policies.
Find the research proposal guidelines here.
Only complete applications received by email (address found on first page of application form) by April 5th, 2019 11:59 p.m. (EST) will be entered to the grant competition.
Each application will be assigned to two reviewers and will be assessed using an Evaluation Scorecard. Each application will be discussed by the two reviewers and a final funding decision will be made collectively by the Research Subcommittee.
Applicants will be sent a Notice of Decision by email, indicating whether or not their project is selected as the winning project.
How Do I Apply?
Applicants much complete the application form and email one (1) electronic copy of the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2019 by 11:59 pm EST. The electronic copy must include a completed copy of the application form with signatures and all the relevant documents. The IMAGINE Network will confirm receipt of your application via e-mail.
For more information, please contact:
Aida Fernandes, Executive Director, IMAGINE Network
1280 Main St. W. HSC 3V3
Hamilton, ON L8S 4K1